Wednesday, April 15, 2009

AVB TOP Shot Pegasus

This turns out to be a great joystick, and I got it for only $5 at geeks.com They no longer seem to carry it, but its not hard to find., and its a fairly comfortable joystick. Well, its great because it also has force feedback.

No current windows driver, but it works in linux, and actually works with the iforce module, I tested it in ubuntu 8.10 and it worked.

Correction, you can get the current windows drivers from AVB
http://www.avbusa.com/driver/ffxp.exe

Just follow the directions at
http://scaryreasoner.wordpress.com/2008/07/18/getting-the-xbox-controller-to-work-with-linux-including-rumble-effect/

download the source code he refers to.

Type in ls /dev/input while the joystick is plugged in and then after disconnecting it. Figure out which event disappears. Use that event when calling

fftest /dev/input/event7

type numbers 1-5 for effects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, if you still owner of this device, could you kindly tell me what is output voltage and current of AC adapter. I have this device, but without AC adapter. It would be great, if you answers me by e-mail. cheat.cheatergmailcom. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my mail is cheat.cheater[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

If you're still looking, it uses a 17vDC 900ma (- -<*- +)