Friday, March 14, 2008

ATTINY13 DAPA cable half duplex uart

I've been recently messing around with learning to code in AVR, or more specifically learn why serial isn't working. I think I have it down to the fact that the default mode for the ATTINY13 is 9.6 MHz and that the frequency is off somehow compared to the half duplex software serial offered by Atmel, I'm going to order an 8Mhz oscillator and see if that fixes it, I"ll also order some 16Mhz oscillators for my arduino projects. Sometimes I like things to work easily.

While I was trying to get the serial to work right, my chip seemed to stop working, like I couldn't reprogram it with the DAPA cable. I went back and downloaded a new Makefile from a tutorial and I made the necessary changes I had previously made. The one that got it to work again was to uncomment
AVRDUDE_FLAGS += -E noreset
this allowed the program to run with the DAPA cable still attached

No comments: