Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Arduino 168 3.3 ttl serial

I've been trying to get my rbbb to communicate with my router which outputs 3.3 volt serial. In all reality I only need receive to work. However connecting it directly did not work. I went through the trouble of bulding a level shifte using a mosfet I bought at radioshack. I carefully put it together and used my parallax oscilloscope to look at the waves. It was dead on. I then tried connecting it to the arduino and it worked. I then soldered up a cable so that it would connect in place of the ftdi cable and it did not work. Something happens to the serial signal from input to rx input, As oppose to connecting a tx line directly to a pin. I have to check and see what is going on.

Ugh, found out what the problem was. On the RBBB the tx label actually stands for the tx label on the connector not the chip. So I probably could connect directly with 3.3v ttl without an issue. I will have to check this.

No comments: